AMI Healthcare, an international healthcare services provider of hospital operations and management, is expanding its healthcare operations into Asia.
Seeking a Project Manager (later COO)
for the commissioning phase of a new multi-specialty clinic in Guangdong province, China.
The medical center will have seven (7) stories with a total of 13,000 sqm of clinical space and be equipped with state of the art technology to provide advanced diagnostic and treatment. More than 50 medical specialties including day surgery will be offered in an outpatient environment. It will be one of the few international clinics that also has specialty centers for Diabetes, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Women’s Health and Oncology. The building is already constructed, and design and construction are expected to be completed within the next 9-12 months.
The Project Manager
will oversee the design and construction of the medical center, the timely and efficient implementation of all project activities including the planning, procurement, installation and testing of all equipment and the hiring of staff beyond the commissioning phase. This position will transition to Chief Operating Officer (COO)
upon activation and then be responsible for the operational management of the medical center. He/she will report to AMI’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This role requires relocation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
He/she will be working with the commissioning team and be responsible for all pre-operating and commissioning tasks as well as day-to-day operational management of the facility. This includes but is not limited to:
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Building review
- Workflow planning
- Quality implementation planning
- Budgeting and revenue planning
- Manpower panning
- Supply chain planning
- Equipment planning
- Procurement of equipment
- Installation and testing of equipment
- Recruitment of staff
- Developing policies and procedures
- Acquisition and installation of management and health information systems
- Overseeing physician and clinical services implementation
- Achieving outcome performance targets in the organization’s operations
- Being responsive to and meeting community and clients’ needs
- Collaborating and working with senior leadership team members to establish annual operating goals, priorities and Measures, developing organizational and financial plans, annual operating and capital budgets
- Operational planning to achieve established goals and measures to include financial performance and organizational improvement
- The development and implementation of effective systems and processes to assure operational and financial stability
- Ensuring and validating compliance with laws and regulations, standards and guidelines
- Developing an organizational culture that is value driven, promotes positivity and encourages collaborative relationships with leaders, vendors, providers, employees and others
- Serving as a leadership role model and mentor by actively demonstrating the mission and values of the organization
- Master’s degree in hospital management or related
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in hospital operations
- Previous experience in commissioning of hospital
- Demonstrated experience as a change leader in achieving top quality, safety and clinical excellence outcomes
- Leadership track record in developing positive organizational experience
- Demonstrated success in managing financial operations in a large organization
- Understanding and commitment to process and continuous improvement methodologies and approaches
- Positive multicultural experience and ability to adapt to different cultural habits and environments
- Must be able to communicate at all levels with excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills in English
- Bilingual candidates in English and Mandarin preferred
- Preference may be given to candidates with previous experience working in China or Asia
- The compensation and benefits package comprise of a salary (commensurable to the position, candidate's experience and qualifications) plus annual bonus, medical insurance and other fringe benefits.
- If employed as an Expatriate, annual business class airfare, housing allowance and other fringe benefits apply.